South Coast Lumber produces a wide variety of by-products from its primary products of lumber, veneer, plywood and LVL.
We have continued to adapt and innovate our fuel burning strategies to encompass even more residuals. By updating our storage design, we are now able to mix more by-products to generate renewable energy for our operations.
- Mixed species hogged bark (unclassified) for Hog Fuel
- Wood Chips for Pulp—Species sorted: Douglas-fir, Spruce, Hemlock and Hardwoods such as Alder and Tanoak
- Sawdust – Hogged fuel & MDF (Medium-density fiberboard)
- Planer Shavings – MDF (Medium-density fiberboard) core & particleboard
- Plytrim – MDF (Medium-density fiberboard) core