We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Director to oversee all HR practices and processes. A successful candidate will be people-oriented, have at least several years of relative experience, and appropriately model the company culture and values.
Dependent on qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required (equivalent experience may substitute for Bachelor’s degree).
- Prior experience with HRIS systems preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid time management with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
HR Strategies & Initiatives
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Manage the staffing process including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding.
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating HR policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines.
- Support management by providing HR advice, counsel, and decisions.
- Work with executive management to establish a sound plan of succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the company.
- Develop effective recruiting and retention plans to meet strategic goals.
- Implement and communicate comprehensive compensation and benefit plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Manage and oversee the working relationship with Cardinal Services (regional employment agency).
- Come up with innovative methods to attract new hires.
- Strengthen internal efforts to build skilled employees.
- Build relationships with local schools to educate the future workforce of opportunities in the industry.
- Monitor and continuously improve the employee onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Track employee retention statistics and identify key areas of improvement to improve overall retention.
- Work with schools to administer electrical and millwright apprenticeship programs.
- Coordinate with the Safety Manager on necessary agendas relative to worker’s compensation.